Museum gets more visitors than tipped

Linda Wigley
Linda Wigley
About 61,000 people have visited the Otago Settlers Museum since July last year, exceeding the 56,321 visitor target for the period.

Museum director Linda Wigley noted in a report to the museum board yesterday that 60,811 people had visited during the financial year from July 1 last year to May 17.

This good result had reflected a busy diversity of museum activities and attractions, Ms Wigley said in an interview.

The museum had gained favourable media coverage, and the introduction of free entry to the museum had also boosted visitor numbers, she said.

- john.gibb@odt.co.nz

Add a Comment

 

drivesouth-pow-classic-2.png

Our journalists are your neighbours

We are the South's eyes and ears in crucial council meetings, at court hearings, on the sidelines of sporting events and on the frontline of breaking news.

As our region faces uncharted waters in the wake of a global pandemic, Otago Daily Times continues to bring you local stories that matter.

We employ local journalists and photographers to tell your stories, as other outlets cut local coverage in favour of stories told out of Auckland, Wellington and Christchurch.

You can help us continue to bring you local news you can trust by becoming a supporter.

Become a Supporter