You are not permitted to download, save or email this image. Visit image gallery to purchase the image.
Friday, January 11
At 3pm a man reported his 3m yellow and white single kayak had been taken from the Queenstown Gardens. Inquiries are continuing.
• A 22-year-old New Zealand man was arrested after allegedly breaching his bail conditions by drinking alcohol.
• A 20-year-old New Zealand man was arrested for allegedly breaching his bail conditions by consuming alcohol.
Saturday, January 12
• At 4am a Queenstown man was allegedly assaulted from behind in Queenstown Mall. Senior Constable Chris Blackford said the man was intoxicated and had ''no idea who it was or why''. Police are looking at CCTV footage and inquiries are continuing.
• At 4.05am a large window was broken in Shotover St. Police have spoken to two Czech men and another person in relation to the incident.
• At 9am ''a huge amount'' of graffiti and other vandalism at Wakatipu High School was reported to police. Windows had been smashed with rubbish bin lids and Snr Const Blackford said property was also vandalised in Sawmill Rd with yellow spraypaint. Inquiries are continuing.
• At noon it was reported cars in Closeburn were broken into and items stolen. A holiday home was also broken into.
Inquiries are continuing.
• A 17-year-old New Zealand youth was spoken to by police after a large branch was ripped off a tree in Shotover St and thrown on to the footpath. Snr Const Blackford said the teen was ''arrested and given the benefit of a pre-charge warning''.
• At 8.30pm a taxi driver pulled into a taxi stand and a car reversed into it. Police have the licence plate number of the vehicle and inquiries are continuing.
• A 19-year-old New Zealand man was arrested after property was damaged in The Terrace.
Source - Queenstown Police