Smoke sparks callout to Southland Hospital

The fire service was called to Southland Hospital in Invercargill this morning after smoke was detected in a server room at the hospital.

A Southern District Health Board spokesperson said some IT systems were intermittently disrupted, and contingency systems activated where needed to ensure safety and patients and to minimise the disruption of patients.

IT systems have now been restored.

The spokesperson said an investigation into the event was under way.

Add a Comment