You are not permitted to download, save or email this image. Visit image gallery to purchase the image.
Schools, businesses, community groups and individuals were recipients of 30 awards and commendations.
- Winner of the Spiralis Consultancy Business Award was survey valuation company Telfer Young, which participated in community clean-ups and promoted sustainability across its offices.
- The Taylor Community Pride Shield was awarded to Otago Farmers Market for its dedication to waste reduction and promoting sustainable packaging.
- Winner of the Dunedin Amenities Society Best School Project Award was Sawyers Bay School, which created murals using recycled materials, audited its waste and recycling systems, made its own paper and took time to maintain a local piece of land called Pete’s Patch.
- Vianney Santagati and her team won the Pod Award for Environmental Excellence for the mural Tiles of Passion in Ocean View, created with tiles sourced from donations, recycling and discount sales.
- A special award was given to members of Task Force Green for weeding, graffiti removal and collecting rubbish off footpaths.
- The Jan Tucker Special Award was given to the Okahau Dune Project, a local restoration project in Warrington/Okahau by a group of locals led by Angelina Young.