You are not permitted to download, save or email this image. Visit image gallery to purchase the image.
Contenders are being sought for the 2013 ''Southern Showdown'' charity boxing event.
The annual black tie boxing event will raise funds for the Otago Community Hospice this year.
''Last year, $30,250 was raised for the Malcam Trust by the event and we are looking to increase that amount this year for the Otago Community Hospice,'' Main Event promoter Doug Kamo said.
''Our focus is not on selecting the best or most accomplished boxers. It's not about who is the fittest or the strongest. We anticipate selecting a range of bouts that are fair and represent people across our entire community.
''The event is about the experience, the environment, the personal development. Just ask any of our contenders from last year. For many, it was one of the greatest experiences of their lives, an experience that has allowed them to become fitter, healthier and more confident individuals.''
Contenders would start training from April 8 in a five-week boot camp. Up to 20 people would then be selected for a further eight weeks' training.
The event has been sanctioned by the New Zealand Professional Boxing Association and will be managed by Pat Leonard.
Otago Community Hospice chief executive Ginny Green said ''we're excited to be part of this year's `Southern Showdown'.
''The Southern Showdown will help us continue to provide specialist palliative care to those in our community with life-limiting illnesses.''
The event will be held at the Lion Foundation Arena on July 27.