Fire alarm caused by overheating in lighting system

PHOTO: PETER MCINTOSH
PHOTO: PETER MCINTOSH
Fire and Emergency New Zealand (Fenz) crews responded to an alarm at Rebel Sport and Briscoes, in central Dunedin, about 10.30am yesterday.

A Fenz spokesman said the alarm at the property was caused by an overheated ballast in the lighting system.

Fire crews remained at the scene for about an hour to assist trades people dealing with the lighting.

Access to the lights was difficult because of the building’s high ceilings, the spokesman said.

 

 

 

 

Add a Comment

 

drivesouth-pow-classic-2.png

Our journalists are your neighbours

We are the South's eyes and ears in crucial council meetings, at court hearings, on the sidelines of sporting events and on the frontline of breaking news.

As our region faces uncharted waters in the wake of a global pandemic, Otago Daily Times continues to bring you local stories that matter.

We employ local journalists and photographers to tell your stories, as other outlets cut local coverage in favour of stories told out of Auckland, Wellington and Christchurch.

You can help us continue to bring you local news you can trust by becoming a supporter.

Become a Supporter