Work and Income office still closed

The Ministry of Social Development is remaining tight-lipped on when the Work and Income service centre in South Dunedin will reopen.

The centre has been closed since it sustained flood damage on June 3 and there has been no word on how much longer it will be out of action.

When asked if the centre would definitely reopen, a spokesman said, ''we are hoping to offer service to South Dunedin again in the near future''.

The ministry offered the same response when asked the same question several weeks ago.

The spokesman declined to comment on what specific damage the Hillside Rd building sustained or what repair work still needed to be done.

The centre had undergone some refurbishment and had sustained extensive flood damage, the spokesman said.

They also declined to comment on what assistance or advice had been given to regular users of the South Dunedin premises.

Add a Comment

 

drivesouth-pow-classic-2.png

Our journalists are your neighbours

We are the South's eyes and ears in crucial council meetings, at court hearings, on the sidelines of sporting events and on the frontline of breaking news.

As our region faces uncharted waters in the wake of a global pandemic, Otago Daily Times continues to bring you local stories that matter.

We employ local journalists and photographers to tell your stories, as other outlets cut local coverage in favour of stories told out of Auckland, Wellington and Christchurch.

You can help us continue to bring you local news you can trust by becoming a supporter.

Become a Supporter