Former All Black Stephen Bachop will be sentenced today for assaulting his partner after the Rugby World Cup final celebrations last October.
The 45-year-old earlier pleaded guilty to two charges of assault, one of possessing cannabis and one of resisting police.
A further charge of possessing utensils for cannabis use has previously been withdrawn. One of the assault accusations has also been reduced from male assaults female to a Summaries Offences Act assault.
The former New Zealand Colts, Western Samoa and All Black player initially had name suppression but did not pursue it at a December callover.
He said then, through his lawyer Val Nisbet, that he had wanted time for he and his partner to speak with their children, immediate family and employers.
Bachop also said he was not pursuing name suppression because he wanted to prevent any potentially negative impact on other former All Blacks.
Bachop initially pleaded not guilty to the charges but earlier this month changed his plea to guilty.
It is understood the assaults - on his partner and a passer-by who intervened - were filmed on CCTV cameras outside Wellington Central Police Station early on October 24.
Bachop had been commentating at a nearby pub during the broadcast of the World Cup final between the All Blacks and France.











