You are not permitted to download, save or email this image. Visit image gallery to purchase the image.
WE ARE NOW AT ALERT LEVEL 2
as we unite against COVID-19.
- Our hospitals, doctors’ surgeries and other health services are open.
- We are carefully expanding the services we can offer under Level 2, with safety measures in place to keep our patients, staff and the community safe.
At Alert Level 2, inpatients may receive one visitor at a time. This is to help maintain physical distancing requirements on the wards.
Visitors are asked to follow Level 2 requirements including wearing a mask, scanning, hand hygiene and staying home if they are sick.
- Dunedin Hospital: 2pm – 8pm
- Southland Hospital: 2pm – 8pm
- Lakes District Hospital: 2 - 6pm
- Wakari Hospital: 2pm - 8pm
*Some wards have special visiting guidelines – for more details go to www.southernhealth.nz/COVID-19
Non-urgent surgery and outpatient appointments We continue to resume non-urgent surgeries and appointments across the region, in order of clinical priority.
You may be asked to attend your appointment online or by telephone. Please be reassured that you will be contacted as soon as we can if you have an outstanding appointment or surgery.
SCREENING FOR COVID-19 RISK
Please expect to be asked questions about your possible exposure to or symptoms of COVID-19 if you:
- are presenting to an Emergency Departments, or are supporting someone in the ED
- are attending an outpatient appointment, or arriving for an elective surgery or procedure – please note that this screening will mostly be undertaken prior to the patient arriving at the hospital.
Visitors are not screened at Alert Level 2.
Women in labour in a maternity facility can have one support partner for the duration of the labour and birth. There is a maximum of one visitor at a time and one visit per day for women in antenatal inpatient or postnatal wards.
CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THESE SERVICES