You are not permitted to download, save or email this image. Visit image gallery to purchase the image.
Emergency services rushed to a house on Otago Peninsula yesterday after a range of medical events was initially reported as relating to a gas leak, police say.
Police responded to reports a "gas leak" had caused residents of a house in Dick Rd near Portobello to become sick just after 8am, a police spokeswoman said.
The police officers responding were "stood down" when the report changed to the people in the house suffering a range of medical events from an asthma attack to pneumonia, she said.
A St John spokesman said a 62-year-old man, 5-year-old boy and 3-year-old girl, all in a minor condition, were taken by ambulance to Dunedin Hospital.
A Fire and Emergency New Zealand spokesman said a crew from Portobello Station assisted St John staff.