You are not permitted to download, save or email this image. Visit image gallery to purchase the image.
The parade will go on.
The organisers of Middlemarch's Anzac Day service say they will not be deterred after losing funding.
The Mosgiel Memorial RSA has withdrawn funding for the event as the nation prepares to mark the World War 1 centenary, from 2014 to 2018.
Mosgiel Memorial RSA president Sandy Trainor, the chairman of the Anzac Day committee, delivered the news in a letter to Strath Taieri Community Board chairman Barry Williams.
The Middlemarch service was ''a financial drain on our Anzac committee, sadly one that we can no longer sustain'', Mr Trainor said.
The Mosgiel RSA would not have any future involvement with the Middlemarch service.
The decision had been discussed at previous committee meetings.
But Mr Williams said an Anzac parade in Middlemarch would continue.
The community board would pick up the cost of about $500 to transport the pipe band and returned servicemen and servicewomen from the Mosgiel dawn parade to Middlemarch for a parade later in the morning.
''We will have an Anzac parade in Middlemarch, one way or another,'' he said.
''We have a beautiful cenotaph memorial and we want to see it observed as long as we possibly can.''
About 300 people attended the Middlemarch service last year including many school pupils.
''Attendance is stronger now than when I was younger.
''I've been going for a long time and there's a great turn-out of the younger ones.''
Mr Williams expects this year's service on April 25 will attract a large crowd.