You are not permitted to download, save or email this image. Visit image gallery to purchase the image.
A 68-year-old man charged with several historic sexual offences has appeared at Waitakere District Court.
The man has been on strict bail conditions since his first court appearance earlier this month on charges including unlawful sexual connection, rape and indecent assaults of two victims between 1977 and 1987.
Most of the alleged offending occurred in the accused's homes at the Royal New Zealand Air Force base in Hobsonville and his car, said Detective Bryony Brown.
The females were aged between 6 and 17 at the time and were now in their early 30s and 40s.
During his court appearance, the man did not speak and stood in the dock staring straight ahead.
The granted the man name suppression "to protect the anonymity of the complainants".
He was remanded on bail and is due to reappear at court on July 5.
Police investigations into allegations by two other victims are underway.
Detective Brown praised the alleged victims who had come forward.
"These women have shown a lot of courage by coming to police with their complaints and we have conducted thorough investigations into those complaints which have resulted in the charges being laid."
"It's possible there are other women who came into contact with the accused over the years who may have information they wish to share with police and we encourage anyone who has concerns to contact police to discuss," she said.