Public queues for safe water out of tankers

PHOTO: ADAM BURNS
PHOTO: ADAM BURNS
Holidaymaker Janet Pelham fills up her water container in Alexandra yesterday as tanker driver Tony Begg looks on.

Central Otago residents are facing at least another week of boiling water arrangements as the region continues to be hampered by flooding.

The Central Otago District Council continued to urge residents to conserve water and said December 16 was the "best case scenario" in lifting the boil-water notice.

Four water tankers were operating in Alexandra and three in Roxburgh so residents and holidaymakers could fill their own water containers. A council spokeswoman said a 25% reduction in water use had been recorded in Alexandra since Saturday. 

Add a Comment

 

drivesouth-pow-generic-1.png

Our journalists are your neighbours

We are the South's eyes and ears in crucial council meetings, at court hearings, on the sidelines of sporting events and on the frontline of breaking news.

As our region faces uncharted waters in the wake of a global pandemic, Otago Daily Times continues to bring you local stories that matter.

We employ local journalists and photographers to tell your stories, as other outlets cut local coverage in favour of stories told out of Auckland, Wellington and Christchurch.

You can help us continue to bring you local news you can trust by becoming a supporter.

Become a Supporter