You are not permitted to download, save or email this image. Visit image gallery to purchase the image.
The girl was showering at the pool when the lightning struck the facility yesterday afternoon during a violent thunderstorm.
Lakes Leisure chief executive Ruth Stokes said yesterday the girl was ''thought to have received a mild electrical shock.
The child did not sustain any injuries and did not require any medical attention.''
Lakes Leisure had been assured the child, a New Zealander on holiday in Wanaka, was fine and she had resumed her holiday with her parents, Ms Stokes said.
The accident could not have been anticipated, but the matter was being investigated, she said.
The pool was closed for the day and Lakes Leisure also closed its outdoor Arrowtown pool as a precaution.