The Upper Clutha Tracks Trust, the Upper Clutha Environmental Society and Wanaka holiday home owner Dennis Thorn appealed to the Environment Court to overturn the consent.
Resort developer Parkins Bay Preserve Ltd (PBPL), a partnership of Glendhu Station landowners Bob and Pam McRae and Queenstown-based golf course designer and developer John Darby, wants to build a $75 million 18-hole championship golf course, a lakeside clubhouse, luxury lodge and accommodation units, and 42 residential homes on land at Parkins Bay on the southwestern shoreline of Lake Wanaka.
In an interim decision by the court in December, PBPL was directed to submit further evidence of mitigation and environmental compensation at the development's proposed site and address some of the appellants' concerns.
The appellants originally had until the end of last week to submit further evidence in response. However, that deadline was extended until yesterday.
The Upper Clutha Environmental Society opposed the resort - particularly the residential houses - on the grounds it would have significant adverse effects on the public's enjoyment of the natural and landscape values of the area.
It had now provided further evidence to all parties involved in the case in response to PBPL's additional evidence, secretary Julian Howarth said.
While he was unable to disclose the details of the society's latest evidence, since the case was before the court, it was still "arguing strongly against the 42 houses at Parkins Bay".
Appellant Mr Thorn was out of the country this week and unavailable for comment. However, Mr Haworth confirmed he had received a copy of supplementary evidence from expert landscape witness Ralf Kruger on behalf of Mr Thorn.
The Upper Clutha Tracks Trust argued the proposal fell short when providing for walking and mountain biking access, and the proposed tracks were insufficient environmental compensation for such a substantial development.
Trust chairman Tim Dennis said while the trust was "still working to find a mutually beneficial outcome", it had no further evidence to offer at this point.
QLDC's deadline for responding to the new evidence was July 22, but it had nothing further to add either, regulatory and corporate services general manager Roger Taylor said at the time.
All evidence is to be lodged with the Environment Court by September 30, with a potential date for another court hearing to be confirmed.











