You are not permitted to download, save or email this image. Visit image gallery to purchase the image.
A 32-year-old Englishman stole six bottles of beer from a pallet being unloaded outside a Shotover St bar at 7pm on Tuesday.
Police spoke to the man, who then paid for the beer and said he did it as part of a dare. He received a pre-charge warning.
• At 2am on Wednesday security staff at a nightclub detained a 20-year-old German woman who was alleged to have taken another woman's handbag into the club's bathroom and removed cash and cards before leaving the bag. The woman will appear in the Queenstown District Court on October 8, charged with theft.
• At 4am on Wednesday police "defused" a situation between a Saudi Arabian man and a woman in Camp St by taking him back to his accommodation. Senior Constable Chris Blackford said the man was argumentative and speaking offensively to the woman. No further action was taken.
• At 10.20am on Wednesday police were called to Church St after reports of an assault. When they arrived there was no evidence of an assault, but a "grossly intoxicated" female was taken to a Lake Hayes Estate address.
• At 12.30am on Thursday police conducted a bail check at a Queenstown address. Snr Const Blackford said when police went to the door the "smell of cannabis was quite strong" and subsequently a small amount consistent with personal use was located. A 26-year-old Argentinian man will appear in the Queenstown District Court on Monday on related charges.
• At 2am on Thursday a Frenchman was caught urinating on a Shotover St wall. He was given a pre-charge warning.
• A 24-year-old Hamilton man was found to have an outstanding warrant for arrest after he brought attention to himself on Beach St early on Thursday.