You are not permitted to download, save or email this image. Visit image gallery to purchase the image.
It is important to note, though, that some churches and religious marriage celebrants may frown upon certain types of modern music so talk over your choices with your clergyman.
Civil ceremonies can be more flexible providing an opportunity for you to roll out a string quartet, acoustic duo or just line up the music on your iPod and have someone you trust
co-ordinate the timing.
For traditional weddings, music is used at the following times:
- incidental music before the wedding, this can start as early as 30 minutes before the ceremony.
- the processional - entry of the bridal party.
- hymns or music during the service.
- the signing of the register.
- the recessional - the bride and groom’s departure.
- incidental music for the departure of the guests.
When it comes to cutting loose on the dancefloor later in the evening, whether you opt for a band, DJ or iPod playlist will depend on your budget and musical taste.
MODERN LOVE SONGS:
Say You Won’t Let Go - James Arthur
All of Me - John Legend
Thinking Out Loud - Ed Sheeran
Remedy - Adele
Sky Full of Stars - Coldplay
Ho Hey - The Lumineers
Best Day of My Life - American Authors
How Long Will I Love You - Ellie Goulding
I’m Yours - Jason Mraz
Love on Top - Beyonce