You are not permitted to download, save or email this image. Visit image gallery to purchase the image.
• Fees vary considerably from area to area. They cover everything from the consultation, to development of the ceremony, dress rehearsal and wedding-day ceremony. If travelling out of their own area to a ceremony, a travel fee is negotiated.
• Confirmation of a booking is required, usually within about two weeks of the couple making an inquiry and having a booking pencilled in.
• Couples nominate two choices for the venue of the ceremony on the licence application and wedding celebrants are legally bound to conduct the service at either of those places. The reason for two choices is to provide a wet-weather option if the ceremony is to be held outside.
• Most wedding ceremonies conducted by a wedding celebrant last from 15 to 20 minutes, but this can vary depending on the wishes of the couple.
• Celebrants do not require couples to remember their vows and it is a personal choice whether a couple write their own or choose from the celebrant's own selection.
• Eloping couples who wish to be married by a celebrant need two witnesses at the ceremony.
• Although not essential, wedding celebrants recommend a practice run-through the ceremony the day prior to the wedding.
• Wedding celebrants do not usually attend the wedding reception, but may be invited to join the couple and guests for a celebratory drink immediately after the ceremony.
To find out more about our local Wedding Celebrants check out the list below or visit our Wedding Celebrant http://www.odt.co.nz/lifestyle/wedding-guide/wedding-celebrants