Green Island 226/5 beat University Grange 191/9 by 35 runsA dominant batting display from Green Island helped it to a 35-run win over University-Grange in Dunedin senior club cricket on Saturday...
• Green Island 183 beat Albion 95 by 88 runs A disappointing batting display by Albion, combined with some good bowling from Mark Joyce, resulted in Green Island gaining an 88-run win in the...
With one wicket to spare, University-Grange was able to hold out for a draw against Albion, in the Dunedin senior men's declaration cricket on Saturday.
A wonderful spell of bowling from North East Valley's Jamie Murley left Taieri's batting order in tatters to provide Valley with an easy seven-wicket win.
A 191-run opening stand for Green Island set up an easy 99-run victory against Kaikorai in the senior club competition on Saturday.
• University-Grange 69/4 beat Caris-Dunedin 65/10 by six wickets Classy bowling spells from James McMillan and Sam Wells led to University-Grange demolishing the Carisbrook-Dunedin batting line...
• Green Island 208/7 beat Albion 76 by 132 runs Dion Lobb was able to celebrate his 250th game for the Green Island senior team with a 132-run win over Albion at Sunnyvale. Green Island was...
• Taieri 211 all out beat Uni-Grange 207 all out In a case of David beating Goliath, bottom-placed Taieri toppled leader University-Grange with an upset four-run victory. A captain's knock...
• Kaikorai 211 all out beat Carisbrook-Dunedin 205/6 by six runs In a game which went down to the wire, Ian Robertson emerged as the hero for Kaikorai which squeaked home with a six-run victory...
The second round of the 50-over Dunedin competition started on Saturday, with both Carisbrook-Dunedin and University-Grange stamping their mark on the round with dominant wins.
The number of endangered Otago skinks inside the Mokomoko dryland sanctuary will more than double with the introduction of 16 later this month.
Kaikorai 201/7 beat Albion 196/8.
The Maniototo got its turn to celebrate the All Blacks' Rugby World Cup win yesterday, when local boy Andrew Hore was welcomed home.
During the past six months, the Central Lakes Trust has granted nearly $1.9 million to community and charitable projects.
Craig Hickford always had planned to live in Central Otago, but the Christchurch earthquake in February meant the plan was bought forward a couple of years.
It will be the Maniototo's turn to celebrate the All Blacks' Rugby World Cup success on Thursday, when the community welcomes back hometown hero Andrew Hore.
Albany A came from behind to clinch a memorable 3-2 win over University Blue in the premier men's club final on Saturday.
It took a last-minute goal but that will not bother University Blue, which celebrated its 1-1 draw with Albany A in premier men's hockey on Saturday.
University Blue and Albany A are a step closer to a premier men's hockey final rematch after two big wins on Saturday.
Being a player down for most of the game did not stop University Blue from scoring a 2-0 win over top-of-the-table Albany in premier men's hockey on Saturday.