Judge replaced as ACC chairman

John Judge. Photo NZ Herald
John Judge. Photo NZ Herald
ACC chairman John Judge is to go following fresh revelations about the Bronwyn Pullar privacy breach this week.

ACC Minister Judith Collins announced this afternoon that Mr Judge would leave ACC on June 30 and he would be replaced by an acting chair, current director Paula Rebstock.

Pressure on Mr Judge and ACC chief executive Ralph Stewart has been mounting since TV3's 60 Minutes programme on Sunday broadcast a recording of controversial meeting between Ms Pullar and corporation managers.

The recording appears to show the managers first raised the possibility of a deal to for Ms Pullar to return private information about other ACC claimants. ACC made a complaint to police that alleged Ms Pullar and her friend Michelle Boag offered the deal and threatened to go to the media if their requests for a guaranteed benefit for Ms Pullar were not met.

Following an initial investigation, the police last week said no evidence of an offence by Ms Pullar had been disclosed.

However, Ms Collins mentioned none of this in her statement this afternoon; instead she said Mr Judge was taking up the role of chair of the ANZ National Bank on June 23.

"Mr Judge's new role is a significant appointment and will require even more of his time than his current role as a director.

"I would like to thank Mr Judge for the contribution he has made during his time as chair of the board."

 

Add a Comment

 

 

Advertisement

postanote_header_620_x_80.png

postanote_620_x_25.jpg