You are not permitted to download, save or email this image. Visit image gallery to purchase the image.
A 33-year-old Chinese man was arrested following an alleged assault on a woman in Queenstown on Friday at 7.53pm.
A member of the public stopped the alleged assault, Senior Constable Chris Blackford, of Queenstown, said.
• A window was smashed in Beech Tree Arcade on Friday at 10.46pm. Police are reviewing security camera footage.
• A 27-year-old New Zealand man taking part in a stag party was refused entry to a bar because of his level of intoxication on Friday at 11.51pm. He was given a pre-charge warning by police.
• A 20-year-old New Zealand man was arrested following an alleged assault on a woman in Queenstown Mall on Saturday at 12.57am.
• A 38-year-old Englishwoman, of Lake Hayes, took exception to being refused entry to a bar and allegedly assaulted a doorman with her shoe on Saturday at 2am.
• A group of men were reported fighting in McDonald's restaurant in Camp St on Saturday at 4.30am, but fled before police arrived.
• Two men were given pre-charge warnings by police for climbing on to the roof of a backpackers' hostel on Shotover St to see the morning view on Saturday at 6.40am.
• An 18-year-old Queenstown man was charged with driving with a breath-alcohol level of 209mcg in Memorial St on Saturday at 11.35pm. The man was expected to appear in the Queenstown District Court next Monday.
• A 23-year-old Invercargill man was spoken to by police about his behaviour in Church St on Saturday at 11.50pm. The man was arrested in relation to a disorderly behaviour charge.
• An 18-year-old Invercargill man was spoken to by police about his behaviour in Queenstown Mall on Saturday at 11.55pm. The man allegedly abused staff in a kebab takeaway.
• A man was trying to break up a fight between two groups when a 23-year-old New Zealand man, of Queenstown, allegedly assaulted him with a glass on Sunday at 12.20am. The victim suffered a deep wound to his forehead. The Queenstown man was arrested and charged with injuring with intent to injure.
• A 22-year-old New Zealand man was arrested on a behaviour charge after being refused entry to a bar because of his level of intoxication and refusing to leave on Sunday at 1.35am.
• A 36-year-old Brazilian man was given a pre-charge warning by police after being ejected from a bar on Queenstown Mall on Sunday at 1.48am.
• A 25-year-old American man was arrested on a disorderly behaviour charge after he was refused entry to a Shotover St bar and allegedly attempted to bash the two doormen's heads together on Sunday at 2am.
• A 27-year-old Englishman was arrested on a disorderly behaviour charge after he was ejected from a bar on Steamer Wharf and allegedly tried to get back inside on Sunday at 3pm.
• Two Englishmen, unknown to each other, were arrested after allegedly fighting in Beach St on Sunday at 3.45am.
• A man under the age of 20 was charged with driving with a breath-alcohol level of 217mcg in Shotover St on Sunday at 4.45am.
• A man was recovered by search and rescue personnel after he fell off his bicycle in Skippers Canyon and injured his ankle on Sunday at 4.30pm.
• A taxi driver drove an intoxicated woman to a Queenstown address on Sunday at 10.30pm, but she allegedly refused to pay the $10 fare on arrival and hit the driver in the face. Police are reviewing security camera footage from the taxi to identify the woman.
*Source: Queenstown Police