You are not permitted to download, save or email this image. Visit image gallery to purchase the image.
The Jaguares announced today the Super Rugby match will be played in front of no spectators.
- Black Caps v Australia match could be abandoned
- NBA suspension upsets Dunedin fan in US
- Couple lose $11,000 on trip
- Tom Hanks and wife Rita Wilson test positive for coronavirus
- Trump bans travel between US and Europe
- Ardern expects tighter border restrictions today
The Argentinian side announced on Friday morning (AEDT) that the match would be played without any spectators and offered refunds to anyone planning to attend.
"In view of the coronavirus (COVID-19) spread in Argentina, we inform that the match between Jaguares and Highlanders will be held as a closed-door event at Jose Amalfitani Stadium, in accordance with the measure taken by the Government of the City of Buenos Aires which includes all mass events," the statement read.
"We assume our responsibility as organisers in the face of a public health issue that is threatening society as a whole."
The sides are due to play at noon on Sunday (NZ time).