No recommendations in confidential neurosurgery report

Errol Millar
Errol Millar
The draft report on neurosurgery services sent to district health boards for checking did not contain the South Island Neurosurgical Service expert panel's recommendations.

This was revealed by chairman Errol Millar at yesterday's Southern District Health Board meeting, when he updated members on progress over the controversial issue.

The draft report was sent to Mr Millar and chief executive Brian Rousseau in confidence for checking and they returned some "minor comments" to the panel on Monday, he said.

Mr Millar hoped the final report would be submitted to acting director-general Andrew Bridgman by the end of this week.

Speaking later, Mr Millar said he was not surprised the report did not contain recommendations, as if there had been substantial errors of fact it was possible changes might need to be made to any proposals.

The report does not become public until Mr Bridgman makes his decision on it; there is no indication yet of when that might be.

 

Add a Comment

 

drivesouth-pow-generic-1.png

Our journalists are your neighbours

We are the South's eyes and ears in crucial council meetings, at court hearings, on the sidelines of sporting events and on the frontline of breaking news.

As our region faces uncharted waters in the wake of a global pandemic, Otago Daily Times continues to bring you local stories that matter.

We employ local journalists and photographers to tell your stories, as other outlets cut local coverage in favour of stories told out of Auckland, Wellington and Christchurch.

You can help us continue to bring you local news you can trust by becoming a supporter.

Become a Supporter